Tuesday 16 June 2009

Well I have finally done it. I have started a blog to track my progress in my attempts to make a small business out of my hobby.

Firstly here is a little bit about me. I am a married mother of two little girls and I make jewellery. Making Jewellery has always been a hobby of mine since I was a teenager, but it stayed just that, a hobby until August 2007.

I was getting married last year and it was obvious to me, there was no need in me buying weding jewellery and tiara, I would make them myself. I had done this for several friends previously for both weddings and Graduation Balls. I decided that if I made them myself not only would I have something totally unique but I would also have something special to pass down the generations. At my final dress fitting I took along my newly made tiara to see the overall effect and the owner of the bridal store asked me where I had purchased such a thing. I told her I had made it myself and she asked if I had considered making such pieces to order as she had clients looking for that type of thing all the time.

Four days later and with only 6 weeks until my own wedding Nu Joolz was born

1 comment:

Mrs Plans and Presents said...

Well done Mrs on starting your blog.
I am sure you will build an empire in no time cos you are super talented xxx